The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) provided $185,292 in supplemental Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) funding to the City of Titusville to respond to the coronavirus.
On April 28, 2020, City Council authorized the use of these funds to provide emergency assistance to households who have been impacted by the COVID-19 Emergency Disaster, for rent and utilities.
Effective June 1, 2020, the Neighborhood Services Department will begin accepting applications from eligible households for assistance under the COVID-19 EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM.
Applications are available at the link below, in person at the Harry T. Moore Social Service Center located at 725 S De Leon Avenue, or available by email upon request.
PLEASE READ THE PARTICIPATION NOTICE TO UNDERSTAND CRITERIA FOR THE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The principal factors to be considered in receiving assistance are:
- Applicant is a resident of Titusville (city limits)
- Applicant is at or below 80% of the current area median income lists for the Palm Bay-Titusville-Melbourne statistical area.
- Applicant can demonstrate assistance is required as a result of impacts from the virus.
- Applicant can demonstrate loss of household income.
- Applicant can demonstrate benefits under this program are not duplicative.
To View / Download the Application,
links for the documents go to Google Drive, making it easy to download from any public library
For more information, you may contact the Neighborhood Services Department by email or call 321-567-3987.