Hello! I’m Chef Kel and Kel’s Kitchen is my culinary business.
I love teaching people of all ages and skill levels how to have success and fun in the kitchen. If you don’t know the difference between a spoon and a spatula or if you’ve been cooking meals for 40 years, my cooking classes can help you explore something new. I especially enjoy guiding new cooks through the cooking or baking process and cultivating within them a feeling of confidence and success.
From seeing accomplished cooks pick up a new tip to witnessing the thrill young children have in their culinary creation, teaching each class brings me joy!
I encourage you to examine my website at www.floridakelskitchen.com. There you can sign up for a class or a consultation, read about my background, check out some photos of my creations and my classes, and read my blog full of tips and techniques.
My Facebook page at www.facebook.com/flkelskitchen contains several free video lessons.
Kel’s Kitchen offers cooking classes in a variety of formats:
– In-person public cooking classes
– Private classes in your home
– Hands-on cooking parties at your location
– Corporate or community events
– Club meetings (scouts, social clubs…)
Classes are tailored for any age (children, teens, seniors, mixed age groups), group size (small, large, couples), and skill level (easy or involved).
In light of the current world health crisis, Kel’s Kitchen also offers online classes.
– My “Teen’s Cook!” series aims to teach transferrable basic cooking skills in the context of making a meal or dessert.
– My “Little Chef” series is for children and their grown-up helpers and is all about having fun together while making a yummy treat.
– “Let’s Bake!” classes for all ages are sometimes two-part sessions where we take a break while letting dough rise or bake and then return to finish.
– “Colorful Cooking” is for all ages and focuses on putting flavor and color on your plate.
At the moment you can find me at The Great Outdoors every other Thursday where I teach in-person, social distanced classes or at any of my scheduled Zoom classes on my website www.floridakelskitchen.com
Pre-COVID sushi class at The Great Outdoors
A “Little Chef” at work during a Zoom class
Pre- COVID Little Chef class at Port St John Community Center
I recently completed a series of four classes for Northrop Grumman employees and their families via Zoom which was great fun for all!
Northrop Grumman families baking with Chef Kel via Zoom
I hope to see you soon at a Kel’s Kitchen class and that this connection will give you some new knowledge and more importantly, joy.