Small businesses and nonprofit organizations that were financially impacted by the COVID-19 public health emergency have until Friday, Dec. 18, 2020 to complete and submit applications for economic relief grants provided by Brevard County through federal CARES Act funds.
To be eligible through the Small Business and Nonprofit Economic Relief Program, the small business:
- Must be physically located in Brevard County
- Must have had 50 or fewer employees
- Must have been negatively impacted financially by the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Must be enrolled in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program
- Applicant’s revenue losses or expenses utilized to establish program eligibility and grant amount must not have been reimbursed through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Small Business Administration (SBA) Debt Relief Program or other similar federal and state programs. Having received those funds or loans, however, does not disqualify you from receiving grant funds to offset other losses.
Nonprofits that are eligible must be a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6) or a 501(c)(19) as designated by Internal Revenue Code.
Applications are available through Friday, Dec. 18, at www.brevardfl.gov/BrevardCARES.
On July 7, 2020, the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) allocated $10 million through the CARES Act fund for local governments to a Small Business and Non Profit Economic Relief Program. CARES Act funding will be made available to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that meet eligibility requirements established by the BOCC for Brevard’s Small Business and Nonprofit Economic Relief Program and Specific priorities intended to advance economic development in Brevard County.
For more information, call 321-350-9194 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.