Correction: the Mall owner has informed me that the new completion date is 2025
Titusville Resort & Destination will be a mixed-use redevelopment project encompassing 22 Acres, featuring retail, residential, medical offices and more.
According to the developments website, the property will have 340 garden-style Apartments with a club house, courtyard, pool, two restaurants and a parking structure along with a 7 story double-brand hotel with 153 rooms and observation deck on the north side of the property and 100,000sqft of Commercial Retail, Offices & Medical plaza facing Hopkins Ave.
Before construction can begin, the development must be approved by the States Land Planning Board, the Titusville Planning & Zoning Commission and the Titusville City Council.
Meetings are currently scheduled as follows:
Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting – Winter 2021-2022
City Council Transmittal Meeting – Winter 2021-2022
City Council Public Meeting – Winter 2021-2022
The developments website gives a timeline for when the 3 phases of construction will start and what will be built during each phase
December 2021 through April 2022
East portion of the mall Demolition Period
- Demolition permit and demolition of Sears and the Cinema and few of the other spaces to make room to build the Residential portion. This will not affect the mall operation.
- Shoring up the East portion of the mall, so the rest of the mall can continue to function using two entrances only.
- Pulling permit to build the Residential portion.
Phase 1: May 2022 through July 2023
Residential construction followed by Site Work
- Site work for Residential portion
- Building garden-style apartments
- Building restaurants
- Building the storm water retention
- Landscaping the Residential portion and buffer zone
- Selection of the existing and prospective tenants & signing leases
- Completion of the construction of 340 residential units plus the three story parking structure and pre-leasing and reevaluation of the property for a refinancing
Phase 2: August 2023 to July of 2024
Demolition of the rest of the mall and Commercial construction followed by Site Work
- Demolition of the rest of the mall
- Site work for Commercial portion
- Building the storm water retention including dry and wet ponds
- Completion of the construction Commercial, Medical/Offices and Retail spaces
- Occupancy of the spaces
Phase 3: August 2023 to July 2024
Building the 7 story hotel and 5,000sqft Restaurant
- Construction of the hotel – to be selected
- Double-brand hotel occupancy: June 2025
Grand Opening of all three phases is planned for AUGUST 2025