The Talk of Titusville will always be free to access.
Unlike other media outlets, we are not a publicly-traded company, just a couple people wanting to keep North Brevard residents informed about what’s going on in our growing area. If you love what we’re doing, please consider becoming a monthly Patreon Supporter HERE.
Camp KSC® launches the next generation of space explorers into a universe of NASA-based science and engineering at America’s multi-user spaceport. During this summer day camp, students ages 7 through 16 experience five days full of hands-on science, technology, engineering and math activities throughout Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s exhibits and attractions. Campers are entertained and challenged with curriculum comprised of exciting and educational adventures that are catered to fit each age group, leaving a lifelong impact.
Camp KSC activities take place throughout Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, including the Astronaut Training Experience (ATX)®, Mars Base 1, Apollo/Saturn V Center, Space Shuttle Atlantis® and the all-new Gateway: The Deep Space Launch Complex (opening spring 2022). Each team participates in a variety of hands-on STEM challenges, labs and astronaut-training simulations designed specifically for their age group.
Campers will dive into missions such as:
- Mars habitation operations to solve possible emergencies
- A microgravity simulator, learning to work in a frictionless environment during a simulated spacewalk
- Simulated spaceflight from Kennedy Space Center to Mars
- Mars surface exploration using virtual reality
- Botany Lab vegetable growth and harvesting, sending data to real NASA scientists
- Mars rover robotics to optimize power for the Base
- Engineering builds, themed to each age group
- Hands-on STEM challenges
- Team building, communication and collaboration
When making your reservation, select the correct event based on the camper’s birthdate range below.
- Pathfinder (birth date of May 2013 – June 2015)
- Spirit (birth date of May 2011 – June 2013)
- Opportunity (birth date of May 2009 – June 2011)
- Curiosity (birth date of May 2007 – June 2009)
- InSight (birth date of May 2005 – June 2007)
Camp KSC is a five day camp beginning at 8:00 AM each day and concluding at 3:00 PM. Parents or guardians are responsible for all transportation to and from the visitor complex each day. Camp will run Monday – Friday of the following weeks in 2022:
May 30 – June 3
June 6 – 10
June 13 – 17
June 20 – 24
June 27 – July 1
July 4 – 8
July 11 – 15
July 18 – 22
July 25 – 29
August 1 – 5
Tuition per Camper: $350* plus tax
Tuition includes lunch and snacks each day, a specially designed Camp KSC T-shirt, a Camp KSC certificate, a themed name badge and lanyard, electronic follow-up reports and wristbands for up to four family members to explore the main visitor complex after the final day of camp.*Annual passholders and badged NASA employees receive a 10% discount on Camp KSC tuition. Call the Reservations team at 1.855.433.4210 from 9 AM to 5 PM EST to book your camper.